Hard to believe my second book with Avon releases today! Birthing a book takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, but couldn’t be more worth it!
A few fun facts about this novel:
- Both main characters are Deaf, though they have different hearing levels. Both use ASL as their primary language.
- Devon has Deaf parents, making him a special member of the Deaf Community. Only 10% of deaf kids are born to deaf parents.
- Jasmine is Jewish, more reformed than me, but still like me!
- The novel is set just outside of Boston, on the North Shore. I’ve lived my whole life in Massachusetts, so it’s natural to set my stories here.
- Devon has aspirations of being a social worker, a former career of mine. In fact, Dev volunteers at a place inspired by my first job outside of college!
- A character from SIGNS OF ATTRACTION has a cameo!