It gives me great pleasure to participate in this blog tour! I have already grabbed my own copy and can’t wait to start reading! Be sure to check out the giveaway! Without further ado, take it away Melanie and tell us about SWAY:
A big thank you to Laura for having me on her blog today!
Confession: I like to read trashy magazines. Not the really trashy kind, but the gossipy, don’t-really-believe-the-stories-are-true kind.
My main character Ava, probably likes to think her tastes are too refined for InTouch Magazine. But I would bet anything that she’d pick up a mag in a doctor’s office or standing in line at the grocery store and skim through, subconsciously looking for mentions of her ex-fiance Eric Wentworth.
So, in honor of gossip magazines, I thought I’d do a bit of a getting-to-know-you, both of me and my MC Ava. But not the usual kind. Instead, I’m taking a page (almost literally) out of InTouch magazine called MY NIGHT AT HOME: Stars Tell InTouch About the Last Time They Stayed In
- Melanie Stanford: Poldark. I never realized Aidan Turner was so yum!
- Ava Elliot: also Poldark. Ditto on what Melanie said!
- Melanie: My brother in Pennsylvania. He texted a pic of my dad snuggling with their giant dog, which is something you don’t see every day.
- Ava: Lexi. She was telling me how her latest BF dumped her via Instagram. (Jerk!)
I Skyped with…
- Melanie: No one. I don’t Skype.
- Ava: My sister Mari. She was having a minor meltdown because her husband Charlie had taken her to an arcade for their anniversary. It was a night of drama.
- Melanie: The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. Cue tears.
- Ava: a biography of Ella Fitzgerald
- Melanie: pink skinny jeans and a sweatshirt, but no makeup.
- Ava: Aritzia leggings and an Elizabeth and James sweater
- Melanie: nothing. I do my reorganizing during the day.
- Ava: my piano sheet music—I had to re-alphabetize it all because I couldn’t find my favorite Schubert piece
- Melanie: tacos! As yum as Aidan Turner (but in a completely different way, obviously)
- Ava: Greek quinoa and avocado salad. I failed at the recipe a little but it still tasted good.
I shopped online for…
- Melanie: books, as usual. It’s about the only thing I shop online for
- Ava: umm… nothing. I sort of looked at some The Eric Wentworth Band merch, but I didn’t buy anything, I swear.
So, there you have it—what a night at home looks like for me and Ava. If you want to know more about some of the things Ava teased here, check out SWAY!
Blurb: She’d be happy to forget…if the past would just stop hitting “replay”.
Ava Elliot never thought she’d become a couch surfer. But with a freshly minted—and worthless—degree from Julliard, and her dad squandering the family fortune, what choice does she have?
Living with her old high school friends, though, has its own drawbacks. Especially when her ex-fiancé Eric Wentworth drops back into her life. Eight years ago, she was too young, too scared of being poor, and too scared of her dad’s disapproval. Dumping him was a big mistake.
In the most ironic of role reversals, Eric is rolling in musical success, and Ava’s starting at the bottom to build her career. Worse, every song Eric sings is an arrow aimed straight for her regrets.
One encounter, one song too many, and Ava can’t go on like this. It’s time to tell Eric the truth, and make a choice. Finally let go of the past, or risk her heart for a second chance with her first love. If he can forgive her…and she can forgive herself.
Contains an actor whose kisses taste like chocolate, a pianist with scores of regret, and a sexy crooner who just wants his ex to cry him a river.
Author Bio: Melanie Stanford reads too much, plays music too loud, is sometimes dancing, and always daydreaming. She would also like her very own TARDIS, but only to travel to the past. She lives in Alberta, Canada with her husband, four kids, and ridiculous amounts of snow. You can find her on Twitter @MelMStanford, on Facebook @ MelanieStanfordauthor, and her website melaniestanfordbooks.com